Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Monday, May 9, 2016

Inspired by . . . Psalm 132


A Song of Ascents. Remember, O LORD, in David's favor, all the hardships he endured, how he swore to the LORD and vowed to the Mighty One of Jacob, "I will not enter my house or get into my bed, I will not give sleep to my eyes or slumber to my eyelids, until I find a place for the LORD, a dwelling place for the Mighty One of Jacob."
Behold, we heard of it in Ephrathah; we found it in the fields of Jaar. "Let us go to His dwelling place; let us worship at His footstool!" Arise, O LORD, and go to Your resting place, You and the ark of your might. Let Your priests be clothed with righteousness, and let Your saints shout for joy. For the sake of Your servant David, do not turn away the face of Your anointed one.
The LORD swore to David a sure oath from which He will not turn back: "One of the sons of your body I will set on your throne. If your sons keep My covenant and My testimonies that I shall teach them, their sons also forever shall sit on your throne." For the LORD has chosen Zion; He has desired it for His dwelling place: "This is My resting place forever; here I will dwell, for I have desired it. I will abundantly bless her provisions; I will satisfy her poor with bread. Her priests I will clothe with salvation, and her saints will shout for joy. There I will make a horn to sprout for David; I have prepared a lamp for My anointed. His enemies I will clothe with shame, but on him his crown will shine."  (Psa 132:1-18)

Pincushion Daisy

I missed posting on Psalm 132 last Friday.

You make time for what's important to you. That's true. But sometimes circumstances happen, or people happen, and things get shuffled around on the To Do list.

Sometimes God intervenes. Sometimes He says no to our plans. Even when our plans are good.  King David's plans certainly seemed good and right. What could be more noble than building a house for God? But God said no to David's plans.  (1Ch 22:8)

Psalm 132 recounts this part of Israel's history, and pleads with God to remember His covenant with David and the promises He had made.

This psalm speaks powerfully to me about two things, a yearning for His presence, and an assurance that He will fulfill His promise.

We receive both in Jesus.

The New Testament makes it clear that Christ is the anointed King, Priest and eternal Son of God.  (Acts 2:30; Luke 1:32; Rev 3:21)

In Him the promise is fulfilled, our hope is secure. (Heb 10)

Through belief in Him, we receive the very presence of God. 

Whether we admit it or not, it is His presence that we so desperately need in our lives. We cannot conquer our enemies alone. We cannot overcome, and be-come all that He created us to be.

We can try. We can strive, and work and toil. We can bear the heavy burdens He never meant for us to bear. We can take the wide path, thick with mud that sucks us down in earthly cares.


Or we can take the road less traveled. Where the grass still grows and the ground is soft under our feet.

Oh, there will still be briers, thorns and weeds here and there along the way. But choosing this path means we never walk alone. Trusting Him sets us free from the burdens this life would have us bear. It allows us to live the abundant life Jesus purchased for us on the cross.



The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. 

I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. (John 10:10)




Blessings, 



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June