Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Sunday, July 24, 2016

Inspired by . . . remember who you are


I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, Who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom: preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. (2Ti 4:1-4)

I just finished Andrew Peterson's trilogy, The Wingfeather Saga. I have to be honest, I almost didn't order book two and three. Don't get me wrong, it was an excellent story and I enjoyed it immensely. But reading uses something that is precious to all of us: time. 

After finishing book one I wondered if perhaps my time was better spent reading non-fiction or, better yet, my Bible, rather than a fantasy adventure written primarily for young adults. 


All this Texas Spiny Lizard is missing is his wings.

But God uses many people and many ways to communicate His truths. Now that I've finished the saga, I'm glad I spent my time reading this delightful story. Not only was it a measure of self-care, time spent simply doing something I enjoy, but I was reminded of a few faith-building lessons along the way.

"Remember who you are." Thus says Nia Wingfeather to her three children every day when she drops them off at school. You see the Wingfeather children are not just ordinary children. They are The Jewels of Anniera; sons, and daughter of the High King.

But the Wingfeather's world isn't any more perfect than ours. When people come against them with lies and half-truths, anger and violence, they will need to remember who they are. And so their mother reminds them, every day.

They are sons and daughters of the King.

So are we.

And just like for the Wingfeathers that means we respond differently when people come against us, our families and our beliefs.

Sometimes it means not saying what we want to say, and doing what we want to do. It means responding {or not} according to the ways of the Kingdom rather than the ways of the world. It means being prepared "in season and out of season" to tell others about our King and His glorious Kingdom. To extend the invitation of inheritance to all.




The Wingfeather children face some dark days. The middle child, Tink, struggles with his identity and purpose. To help him, his brother, Janner, makes him repeat aloud his name and who he is. Doing so keeps Tink focused on the truth and on his purpose.

Perhaps your current circumstances or the tragic and disheartening things happening in our world have left you feeling confused, and fearful. Maybe even hopeless.

Remember who you are. Remember Who you belong to. Remember Who you represent.

Repeat it to yourself.

My name is _________________. I am a son/daughter of the King.

Maybe you even need to say it out loud.

Blessings,


Sharing inspiration here:
Small WondersTestimony Tuesday, #TellHisStory,
Thought Provoking Thursday, Grace & Truth, Let Us Walk Worthy,
Inspire Me Monday, RaRa Link Up, Intentional Tuesday,
#WordswithWinter, Titus 2 Tuesday, Thoughtful Thursdays,
Encourage Me Monday, Wholehearted Wednesday,
Women with Intention Wednesdays, Word Filled Wednesday,
#GiveMeGrace, Sitting Among Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June