Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Monday, October 31, 2016

Inspired by . . . October: a look back

October is my golden month. The only month of the year when I consistently get to enjoy the sunrise. It's almost enough to make a morning person out of me. 



Almost.

This year October was about returning and resting. Having just arrived home from a month-long trip to take my dad home we needed time to settle in and regroup. I missed participating in #write31days but not taking the challenge this year was the right decision.

Instead, I nested and rested. Mums and pumpkins and happy little pansy faces make any home, even a temporary one, a joy to which to return.




Days filled with responsibilities were sandwiched between mornings and evenings spent savoring this life.

Soul food: a new bible study from #wordwriters is growing my faith
"When we spend time with Him, we know God better by being in His presence."
Self-care: two of my loves, embroidery, and creative coloring provide time to rest and reflect

Home-building: my Dreamer has the "hill" prepared and the ground leveled and ready for the foundation of our new home

Kinship: connecting with all of you, sharing our struggles and our passions is an inspiration and encouragement

Words: Christie Purifoy's Roots & Sky sat on my shelf for months before I cracked the spine. Somehow I sensed her words would speak to me and so I waited for just the right time. Her story begins with Autumn. And Autumn was the perfect time to begin my journey into her pages.
"I am convinced the world is saturated with meaning. We trample messages like scattered leaves beneath our feet. If only we have eyes to see them. Ears to hear them."
More Words: for the last several months a dear friend and I have been reading through Jerry Bridges book The Discipline of Grace. If the concepts of grace and discipline seem antithetical to you, then I recommend you pick up a copy of this expositional book. Reading and discussing the content with a friend is an added bonus!
"Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God’s grace. And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God’s grace."
Linking up with Mona's Picturesque for A Month In Photos


“Listen! The wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves, 
We have had our summer evenings, now for October eves!” 
~Humbert Wolfe


When you look back at your October
what do you see?

Blessings,





Sharing inspiration here:
Small WondersTestimony Tuesday, #TellHisStory,
Thought Provoking Thursday, Grace & Truth,
Inspire Me Monday, RaRa Link Up, Intentional Tuesday,
#WordswithWinter, Titus 2 Tuesday, Thoughtful Thursdays,
Encourage Me Monday, Wholehearted Wednesday,
Women with Intention Wednesdays, Word Filled Wednesday,
#GiveMeGrace, Sitting Among Friends, #Glimpsesofhisbeauty
Nature Notes, Through My Lens, Life thru the Lens,
Our World TuesdayCommunity Global, Photo Friday,
Little Things Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June