Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Friday, January 20, 2017

Inspired by . . . the light of Spring

All the leaves are brown and the sky is gray. I can't get that song out of my mind and I bet now you can't either. 

I'm out for another walk on a winter day. Now that the cold snap is over it doesn't feel much like winter, though. This girl-of-summer is okay with that, especially when it means the lack of finger-crippling cold equals more time spent building our home.

Today, I've ventured out to document the progress. I could share those pictures here but you would just look at them and say, "Uh? A house. Really?"



I feel that way at this stage too, so I'm trusting in those with a higher knowledge than myself.

I'm also out looking for beauty. Winter's beauty is easy when the earth is dressed in white. When snowflakes excite the imagination and ice transforms the lines of a stick into extravagant art. You have to look deeper when everything is brown and gray.



There is beauty in death. A terrible beauty. And we all must face it.

But I long for the beauty of the living. The peach blossoms (soon) and the butterflies.

Maybe this is why I could never worship or pray to a dead god.

I know that my Redeemer lives. I know it like I know how to breathe.
For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last He will stand upon the earth. (Job 19:25)



We may learn our greatest lessons in the darkness of the winter, but my soul continually longs for the light of spring. [click to tweet]


Blessings,




Sharing inspiration here:
Small WondersTestimony Tuesday, #TellHisStory,
Thought Provoking Thursday, Grace & Truth,
Inspire Me Monday, RaRa Link Up, Intentional Tuesday,
#WordswithWinter, Titus 2 Tuesday, Thoughtful Thursdays,
Encourage Me Monday, Wholehearted Wednesday,
Women with Intention Wednesdays, Word Filled Wednesday,
#GiveMeGrace, Sitting Among Friends, #Glimpsesofhisbeauty
Counting My Blessings, Grace Moments

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June