Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Thursday, January 29, 2015

Inspired by . . . squirrel nutkin

The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin is not a favorite of mine, I admit, but Beatrix Potter certainly nailed it when she described squirrel behavior in her children’s book.
Squirrels are cute, funny, and very entertaining to watch. But those observations are from a {my} human point of view. I daresay my Kitty would not agree. And Old Brown certainly did not hold that opinion of Nutkin!
I always know when the squirrel(s) are up to something because I can hear them racing around on the roof of my cottage. {And skidding off the air conditioner in the back – ha!}
They are usually harassing Kitty in some form or fashion, or trying failing to get the sunflower seed out of my squirrel proof feeder.
This particular morning however, they were up to something that turned into an entertaining photo opp.  If you’ve had a week like mine, you could use a little levity right now.

Squirrel_1

You never know what you might see when you look out your kitchen window.

Squirrel_2

Someone has discovered the beautiful mosaic birdfeeder my daughter gave us for Christmas.

Squirrel_3

Ah, yes, gently now. Find a toe hold.

Squirrel_4

The ridges of glass do nicely.

Squirrel_5

Steady now!

Squirrel_6

I do believe . . .

Squirrel_7
. . . it’s a perfect fit!

Have a wonder-filled day!
Oh, and feel free to share a riddle in the comments!

Blessings,
June


Sharing inspiration here:
Saturday's Critters_2


Camera Critters

7 comments:

  1. I love the pretty feeder...Is does not take long for the squirrels to find the feeders.. They are piggies.. Great series..Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are certainly determined little things, aren't they! I've never seen a feeder like that--very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are determined, that's for sure, Betty! and this feeder offers no challenges! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Eileen, so glad you host this fun link up each week!

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June