Welcome

Welcome! I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you're inspired by what you see, I invite you to follow along via one (or more) of the options on the side bar below.


Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Inspired by . . . sans #write31days

I'm a big fan of the #write31days challenge. 

In 2014 I wrote 31 days of JOY. Last year, I wrote for 31 days on Praying the Names and Attributes of God.

Each time, the Lord provided the strength and manna for each new day during the month-long series. Each experience was a blessing.

Any of you who've participated know why it's called a challenge. It's hard work. You have to come to the table full.



May is when I usually start praying and seeking God, asking Him to show me what He would have me share for the October challenge.

This year, I had what I thought was a good topic.  I was planning a challenge of my own. The 31/30 challenge. Seeking God in nature for thirty minutes a day for thirty-one days. Or something like that ...

I didn't have any of the posts planned out but was looking forward to sharing how God reveals Himself through nature.



God had other plans.

In August, as I was packing for our move and planning for our trip I sensed a distinct shift in the my plan.

God was speaking to my heart that this year, I would not write. I would not accept the challenge. And you know what?

It was a relief.

As I said above, to accept this challenge you must come to the table full. I am not full, friends. In fact, I'm nearing empty. The emotions of the last two months have taken their toll.

God impressed upon me that this year I will come to the table to receive, rather than serve. He knows exactly what I need. Better than I know myself.

It's time to open up and receive all that He has to give me to prepare me for the next season of my life.

You can't pour out if you never let Him pour in.

So this year I'll be reading. 

Gleaning and growing. 



You, too?

If so, you can find the inspiration and faith link ups: HERE  

Of course, there are a lot of other great topics, too! You can find them all on the #write3day website, just click "Linking Up" and choose a category from the drop-down list.

If you've accepted the challenge, please share your link in the comments!


Blessings,




Sharing inspiration here:
Through My Lens, Life thru the LensLittle Things Thursday
Small WondersTestimony Tuesday, #TellHisStory,
Thought Provoking Thursday, Grace & Truth,
Inspire Me Monday, RaRa Link Up, Intentional Tuesday,
#WordswithWinter, Titus 2 Tuesday, Thoughtful Thursdays,
Encourage Me Monday, Wholehearted Wednesday,
Women with Intention Wednesdays, Word Filled Wednesday,
#GiveMeGrace, Sitting Among Friends, #Glimpsesofhisbeauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that inspired you, I’d love to hear about it. Please know I appreciate every comment! Thanks so much for stopping by! Blessings, June